Friday, March 25, 2016

Loving-kindness and Forgiveness

Recently in Feb 2016, I was teaching in Thabarwa centre to a group of foreigners who were travelling in Myanmar. Most of them were happened to stay in this centre for a few days. I was thinking, I tried to share the essence of Dhamma, without dwelling too much on ritual or superficial side.
I taught them loving-kindness combined with forgiveness. The reason was that I read lots of psychology books and realised people living in modern technology and stress society are not able to slow down, enjoy life and forgive one’s mistakes. I started with the normal way to radiate loving-kindness, and combine with forgiveness practice. I was quite surprised to hear the feedback at the end.
At first, I started with ‘May I be well and happy’ as a loving-kindness practice.
The usual way is wishing us in four ways:
May I be well and happy.
May I be free from mental suffering, - no stress, no sadness, no depression, no unhappiness
May I be free from physical suffering - no body problem. no cancer, no heart problem, no eyes problem…
May I take of myself happily.




No comments:

Post a Comment

12 April 2024 Back to very basic nature of life

Back to very basic nature of life in the hot summer: Today, I shared with my Abhidhamma students about the difficulty of maintain the life i...